Your privacy and trust are important to us. This Statement explains how Salaam Gateway - Halal Market Premium Reports (“we,'' “us” or “our”) collect, handle, store and protect personal information about you in the context of our services. It also provides information about your rights and about how you can Contact Us if you have questions about how we handle your information.
Who this statement applies to and what it covers
This Statement applies to individuals who use any website, application, including mobile application (“app”), product, software or service of ours that hyperlinks to this Statement (we call these our “Services”).
It does not generally apply to individuals whose personal information forms part of the content included within our products.
SalaamGateway provides information solutions for professionals and our Services are generally not aimed at children.
Depending on the Service, we may provide additional or different privacy statements or notices for specific interactions you have with us or to highlight how we use your personal information for specific Services. Where we do this, it will be clear which statements apply to which interactions and Services. Within our Services, there may be links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy compliance of third party websites or applications. You should check those websites or applications for their privacy statements and terms that apply to them.
Children’s Privacy. Our Services are not generally aimed at children. In the limited circumstances where we may collect and use personal information about children, for example: to develop an educational resource, we will comply with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
Who we are
Strategy Insights Inc. is a global company that is made up of different legal entities. For some Services we make decisions on how personal information is used in the context of a Service (Strategy Insights Inc. is a controller of personal information in this case), and for other Services we will only use personal information as instructed by our customers (Strategy Insights Inc. is a processor of personal information in this case). Below you can find more information on the cases in which Strategy Insights Inc. is a controller of personal information and information on how to contact us.
Sources of personal information
We collect personal information about you from your interactions with us and from certain third parties and other sources (such as your employer or the subscriber providing access to our Services or from publicly available sources where permissible).
We obtain personal information from you:
- through your interactions with us and our Services, such as, when you purchase or use our Services, register for an event, request information or call us for support (please note that we may record or monitor our telephone calls for compliance and quality assurance purposes)
- through your system/device and use of our Services. Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our Services, analyze usage and improve users’ experience
- through cookies and similar technologies included on our Services. More information relating to cookies, and how to control their use can be found here and information related to Interest-Based and Mobile Advertising can be found here.
We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as:
- the person(s) arranging for you to access our Services where our Services are subject to a paid subscription (e.g., your employer or our subscriber) in order to set up a user account
- an organization to which you belong where that organization provides you access to our Services
- partners and service providers who work with us in relation to your Service. Publicly available sources such as public websites, open government databases or other data in the public domain, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Services
- Publicly available sources such as public websites, open government databases or other data in the public domain, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Services
What types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us and which Services you are purchasing or using. In many cases, you can choose whether or not to provide us with personal information, but if you choose not to, you may not get full functionality from the Services.
The personal information we collect consists of the following:
- Name and contact data, such as first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data
- Account credentials, such as passwords and other security information for authentication and access
- User content, such as communications and files provided by you in relation to your use of the Services
- Payment information, such as payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you make a payment
- Device information, such as information about your device, such as IP address, location or provider
- Usage information and browsing history, such as, information about how you navigate within our Services, your browsing history and which elements of our Services you use the most
- Location data, for Services with location-enhanced features. If we need your consent to collect geo-location data, we will collect this separately
- Demographic information, such as, your country, and preferred language
How we use personal information
This section includes details of the purposes for which we use personal information and also the different legal grounds upon which we process that personal information. We use personal information to provide and improve Services and for other purposes that are in our legitimate interests, as well as for compliance purposes. Further information is set out below.
Some laws require us to explain our lawful reason for processing your personal information. We process personal information about you on the basis that it is:
- necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a contract with you, we will process your personal information in order to fulfil that contract (i.e., to provide you with Services)
- in our or a third parties’ legitimate interests: details of those legitimate interests including to provide and improve Services, administer our relationship with you and our business, for marketing and in order to exercise our rights and responsibilities.
- where you give us your consent: we only ask for your consent in relation to specific uses of personal information where we need to and, if we need it, we will collect it separately and make it clear that we are asking for consent
- for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g., to respond to a court order or a regulator)
You are welcome to contact us for further information on the legal grounds that we rely on in relation to any specific processing of your personal information.
We use personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including to provide and improve Services, administer our relationship with you and our business, for marketing and in order to exercise our rights and responsibilities. More detailed information about these legitimate interests is set out below.
- to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training, verify your identity, and send important account, subscription and Service information
- to administer our relationship with you, our business and our third-party providers (e.g., to send invoices)
- to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports and business information. We analyze the way you use our Services to make suggestions to you for features or Services that we believe you will also be interested in, and so that we can make our Services more user-friendly
- to personalize your experience with our Services. We may retain your browsing and usage information to make your searches within our Services more relevant and use those insights to target advertising to you online on our websites and apps. Your choices in relation to marketing are explained in the Marketing Section of the Privacy statement. We may sometimes share your personal information across our Services so that we can make all of the Services we deliver to you more intuitive (e.g., rather than requiring you to enter the same data many times)
- to contact you in relation to, and conduct, surveys or polls you choose to take part in and to analyze the data collected for market research purposes
- to display information you choose to post, share, upload or make available in chat rooms, messaging services, and community and event forums (including in community and event profiles) and for related collaboration, peer connection, games and information exchange
- to provide any third party, who has made our Services available to you (e.g., your employer or our subscriber), insights about the use of the Services
- for internal research and development purposes and to improve, test and enhance the features and functions of our Services
- to provide you with marketing as permitted by law
- to meet our internal and external audit requirements, including our information security obligations (and if your employer or our subscriber provides for your access to our Services, to meet their internal and external audit requirements)
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, networks, systems and property, or those of other persons
- for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud
- to comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, including where they are outside your country of residence
- in order to exercise our rights, and to defend ourselves from claims and to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or third parties with whom we work
- in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
Where we rely on legitimate interests as a lawful ground for processing your personal information, we balance those interests against your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms.
We deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail and online. Where required by law, we will ask you to explicitly opt in to receive marketing from us. If we send you a marketing communication it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these communications in the future.
Honoring your marketing preferences are important to us. You have the right to opt out of receiving direct marketing and targeted online advertising.
How to opt out of email marketing
Where we send marketing emails, we provide unsubscribe options for your use within our emails. To update your email marketing preferences, please visit the applicable email preference center, a link to which will normally be included in emails you receive from us. In addition, you can also use the “Contact Us” feature of a particular Service.
Even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications by email, we may still send you service communications or important transactional information related to your accounts and subscriptions (for purposes such as providing customer support).
Interest-based advertising (IBA) allows us to deliver targeted advertising to users of our Services. IBA works by showing you advertisements, or sending you marketing emails, that are based on the type of content you access or read. For example, as you browse our Services, one of the cookies placed on your device will be an advertising cookie so we can better understand what sort of pages or content you are interested in. The information collected about your device enables us to group you with other devices that have shown similar interests. We can then display advertising to categories of users that is based on common interests. For more information about IBA, please click here.
If you want to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, it does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our Services. It just means that we will not use your personal information for IBA and that any advertising you see will not be customized to you. You can exercise your online advertising choices or by clicking the AdChoices icon in an ad and following the instructions. You may also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) Opt Out Tool and in the EU. If you delete cookies, use a different device, or change web browsers, you may need to opt out again.
Mobile devices have an identifier that gives companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. In many cases, you can turn off mobile device ad tracking or you can reset the advertising identifier at any time within your mobile device privacy settings. Another tool you can use to control advertising on your mobile device is the AppChoices App. You may also choose to turn off location tracking on your mobile device. If you turn off ad tracking or location tracking, we will no longer use information collected from your device’s advertising identifier for the purposes of advertising. You may still see the same number of ads but they may be less relevant because they will not be based on your interests. Where we need your consent to gather information about your location we will obtain this from you.
How we share personal information
We share personal information within the Strategy Insights Inc. group, with our business partners and third party service providers, the person providing for your access to our Services (if that is not you) and in accordance with law. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any purpose other than to provide services to us. We share your information for the purposes set out in this Statement, with the following categories of recipients:
- Strategy Insights Inc. group companies
- the person providing your access to our Services (e.g., your employer or our subscriber)
- business partners with whom we deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or to host events, conferences and seminars
- third parties that help us deliver Services or act on our behalf
- third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g., government agencies, law enforcement, courts and other public authorities)
- third parties in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), in which case we may disclose your personal data to prospective buyers, sellers, advisers or partners and your data may be a transferred asset in a business sale
- third parties where reasonably required to protect our rights, users, systems and Services (e.g., legal counsel and information security professionals)
- any person you have asked us to share information with (e.g., if you upload information into a public forum it is shared publicly)
Strategy Insights Inc. is a global organization and your personal information may be stored and processed outside of your home country, including in countries that may not offer the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. We have measures in place to ensure that when your personal information is transferred internationally, it is subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws. Often, these include contractual safeguards.
Strategy Insights Inc. collaborates with third parties like cloud hosting services, suppliers and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured and transferred according to applicable law. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal information within Strategy Insights Inc. or to third parties in areas outside of your home country, including to countries that have not been declared adequate for the purposes of data protection by the European Commission.
We retain your information in accordance with our enterprise records retention schedule. You can find more information on the criteria used to calculate the retention periods set out below.
We have an enterprise records retention schedule that is based upon a classification scheme consisting of business functions, record classes, and record types.
We calculate retention periods for your personal information in accordance with the following criteria:
- the length of time necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for
- when you or your employer (or other subscriber providing for your access to our Services) cease to use our Services
- the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations
- any limitation periods within which claims might be made
- any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations
- the existence of any relevant proceedings.
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of, your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries.
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the applicable preference center
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases.
In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
In order to exercise your rights please visit this site. with the following: In order to exercise your rights please reach out to us.